Personal and Professional Development Strategies for Individuals
Increase meaningful results by increasing workplace productivity and engagement.
Are you positively engaged, productive, and satisfied with where you are in work and life?
What is the cost to you each and every day, physically, mentally, emotionally and financially, to be disengaged, unproductive, and devalued?
The Human Capital Institute lists the financial consequences of employee engagement/disengagement:
- Fully engaged employees return 120% of their pay/salary in value.
- Engaged employees return 100% of their pay in value.
- Somewhat disengaged employees return 80% of their pay in value.
- Disengaged employees return 60% of their pay in value.
- Gallup estimates that a disengaged employee costs an organization approximately $3,400 for every $10,000 of salary.
- Disengaged employees cost the American economy up to $350 billion a year due to lost productivity.
What can we do to help?
How can your engagement in work and/or life improve your sense of worth, satisfaction, and purpose?
- Assess and utilize your talents, strengths and abilities.
- Invest in your Personal and Professional Development and don’t wait for others to do it for you.
- Lead in your role and positively impact your work culture that encourages and supports engagement.
- Learn to create “win-win” solutions to reduce conflict.
- Create and communicate clear expectations and directions for accountability.
- Provide a context for healthy, meaningful and effective interactions.
- Be the right person for the job that will support a vision and mission that matters!
Support a Healthy Work Environment
- Deb has been an absolute pleasure to work with in regards to helping our company find out ‘who we are.’ We have discovered through her teaching that it is hard to improve one’s self without knowing the foundation in which to start improving. – Geoff Bay, Owner at Engel & Volkers, Minneapolis